Congressional Staff Briefing via ZOOM
Four years of disenchantment: reasons for Puerto Rico’s lack of recovery and what you can do about it.
September 27th, 2021, 3:00pm
Description – After Congress allocated more than $20 billion in disaster recovery and mitigation funds for Puerto Rico, why has reconstruction been so slow and programs stalled? The panelists will illustrate the situation in Puerto Rican communities, expose the challenges faced and explain the concrete steps that need to take place in order for recovery to be efficient and actually reach those in need.
1. Dr. Adi G. Martínez-Román, Esq., Director of Operations, UPR Resiliency Law Center
2. Issel Masses, Founder and Executive Director, Sembrando Sentido
3. Isaías Ojeda, Esq., Grants and Contracting Lawyer, UPR Resiliency Law Center
4. Cristina Miranda-Palacios, Executive Director, Puerto Rico League of Cities
5. Ninoshka Picart, Esq., Climate Lawyer, UPR Resiliency Law Center